Monday, May 8, 2017

je me souviens


After hearing the election results from France over the weekend, I was reminiscing about being there in April 2015. Such a glorious place, full of beauty, and I was happy to bring a little beauty from home with an exhibition of 50 quilts in Nantes at Salon Pour l'Amour du Fil.


We were celebrating the release of my first book, New York Beauty, Quilts from the Volckening Collection, written in both English and French.



There were new friends from all around the world in Nantes. Thinking of them brings a smile to my face.






There were old friends, too. David and I attended the Peddie School together. We lived in the same dorms and shared adventures...maybe a few misadventures, too. Our fathers both attended Peddie, so there was a connection before we ever met.



Mom was there, and we were so glad she was able to make the trip. Quite an adventure! My sister was not able to make it, so we raised a glass and hoped she would make it next time.


We got to meet David's wife, Ninette. She is delightful, fun and very charming.


I was sad to leave, but will surely return one day. David and Ninette moved back to the US, so maybe we'll have to go back to France together. It was a wonderful experience, worth doing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment