Thursday, February 9, 2017

Kailua Four-Patch Medallion


Toward the end of my vintage shopping spree in Oahu a few weeks ago, I visited Kailua. There were a couple thrift stores and two shops with antique and vintage goods. 


The vintage shops in Kailua were hard to find. There was a lot of traffic, and my navigation led me to a place where the shops were nowhere in sight, even when walking. 

Nevertheless, I persisted. 😇


As it turned out, the plaza was behind the main street. Both shops had quilts. I had to dig a little, but was happy to do that. This Four-Patch Medallion was in the last shop that day, Ali'i Antiques.


It was across the way from Kailua Pickers, where I found several other quilts. At Ali'i, I found a bunch of scrap quilts and the applique quilt from the Wilson family.


This Four-Patch Medallion appears to be made of 1980s fabrics. At least that's what I think they are. I'm asking around, but for now we'll say c. 1985. It is 56" x 69" and made of cotton Hawaiian print fabrics. One of my favorite things about it is the green and white floral print evident in the mostly-black binding. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Where would you recommend to look for antique (patchwork or applique) on Oahu? Of the places you visited.

    ReplyDelete