Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Andrea Balosky: New Work

AAQI #12,904, Keep in Touch by Andrea Balosky
Today, Facebook friend Merle Clifford sent me a note to let me know there were more Andrea Balosky quilts on the "quilts waiting for assignment" list of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. Made my day! I love seeing all of Andrea's new work. I told Merle, even if the quilts don't land with me, I still like saving the pictures and keeping them on file. I also promised Andrea I would help let people know about any new quilts when they were posted. So, without further adieu, here are the six new quilts.

AAQI #12,905, String Quartet by Andrea Balosky
AAQI #12,906, Topmost Twig by Andrea Balosky
AAQI #12,907, La Ronda by Andrea Balosky
AAQI #12,908, Streaming Corsica by Andrea Balosky 
AAQI #12,909, Arpeggio by Andrea Balosky
There are some new things in this batch of quilts: applique and raw-edge applique, decorative quilting designs, and even a little embroidery. She has continued using print fabrics, but this time mixed them playfully with solids. Just as her work has evolved throughout the time she's made quilts, the work done for AAQI shows an evolution. As usual, I'm impressed! To learn more about the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, click here.

2 comments:

  1. All are fantastic! Thanks for showing them. I'm sure they'll bring in a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful how i would be so honored to be able to own one of her quilts.
    she has been a big inspiration to me thanks for sharing them with us.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete