Monday, July 9, 2012

Helene Knott at Latimer Quilt and Textile Center

Helene Knott with her award winning quilt "Low Tide"
Yesterday was the open house for Helene Knott's solo exhibit at the Latimer Quilt and Textile Center in Tillamook, Oregon - and what a treat it was!! Helene is a fellow member of the Northwest Quilters, and I've seen her quilts in our guild show over the years. We also had one in the "Timeless Quilts" exhibit at the Oregon Historical Society last summer. But I'd never seen so much of her work in one place.


The gallery was full of her wonderful quilts, and there was a steady stream of visitors. I had a few minutes to chat with Helene, and just loved learning more about her and her work. I took a lot of pictures, and here are just a few.

"Gypsy Heartwood" 2008
"You Can't See The Forest For The Seals" 2001
"'The Captain's Wife" 2000
"Reflections of Winter" 2004
A wall full of fabulous quilts!! 
"Magic Squares III" 2007 
"Teotihuacan" 1998
"Morning Sun" 2002
A case full of small quilts!
"Cobby Cat" 2011
There was so much to see, I hope to get back and look at the exhibit again. It runs until September 2, 2012. For more information, click here.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful artist show! I really wish I could get to it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an incredible artist, I love her quilts
    Of course had to smile at cobby cat but the reflections of winter and low tide captured my eye
    both are so beautiful....
    thanks for sharing .
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete